Hey everyone! I found this really good list on Reddit that gave ideas on how to make sure your vote gets counted in this years election. With all the sketchy shit going on behind the scenes, it's important that we, as individuals, take extra steps to make sure our vote counts this year. Voter suppression is real and is happening today in front of our faces. Hopefully this list will help ensure that our voices are heard. All credits go to the original poster (which I can no longer find the comment but it was on this post), all I will be adding is links for contacts in San Diego as well as more organization! All credits to : @jennycohn1
What You Can Do As An Individual to Combat Voter Suppression
- Apply ASAP to vote by mail AND send it in anytime UNTIL OCTOBER 22nd. After that, DROP IT OFF YOURSELF at a secure drop off box. Find your collection box here.
- If you vote in person, bring your ID and your completed sample ballot to speed up the process. If you want to look up an online version of the sample ballot, that can be found here.
- If you vote in person, request or bring a ball point pen. #HandMarkedPaperBallot
- If you have to use a touchscreen, compare the human readable text on the paper printout (if any) to your completed sample ballot to ensure the machine didn't drop or flip your votes as reflected in the text.
- VOTE in Down Ballot races since state lawmaker will vote in 2021 on the new maps that will impact the control of the US House od Representatives.
- CONFIRM YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION several times between now and the election. Save a screenshot of the registration confirmation as proof.
- If you have question or encounter problems voting, contact the voters protection hotline at 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
- Report problems to poll workers, the local media, and social media. The author (@jennycohn1) of this list encourages you to follow her and tag her on twitter when you see it happen.
- Volunteer as a poll worker. We need poll workers. Polling stations can be shut down due to lack of workers.
- Volunteer as a poll observer. Learn how to here. You can register as a worker or watcher through your state or local political party.
- DONATE PPE FOR POLL WORKERS
- Contact county election officials and demand backup paper poll books for in person voting on Election Day because electronic pollbooks often connect to WiFI or bluetooth and are prone to failure and hacking.
- Demand that county election officials give all in person voter the option to vote with hand marked paper ballots.Demand backup paper everything.
- Consider supporting the lawsuit against ballot images being destroyed in Florida and Michigan.
- Volunteer to photograph precinct totals. Learn how to here.
- Screenshot results as they come in on Election Night. This can be done at the Secretary of State or County websites. LA Vote. SD Vote. Live voter turn out - San Diego. California Secretary of State website.
- Demand transparency about unexpected election losses.
- Follow @jennycohn1 on Twitter. She's an election integrity attorney who is fighting for our elections daily and shine light on what is going on through all this craziness.
- SHARE THIS LIST WHEREVER POSSIBLE
Again, all credits go to @jennycohn1, I am just sharing this list with the addition of San Diego and California links that will bring you directly to your states website. Also, understand that although voting is important, the fight doesn't end there. Pay attention to what is going on in our government during these times and stay vigilant!